Frostpunk PC game digital download, includes new Global Steam CD key
Frostpunk is a brand-new title from the creators of This War of Mine. It’s a society survival game that asks what people are capable of when pushed to the brink of extinction. In an entirely frozen world, people develop steam-powered technology to oppose the overwhelming cold. The city’s ruler has to manage both the citizens and the infrastructure they live in. The leader’s tactical skills face challenges that will frequently question morality and the basic foundations of what we consider organized society. Optimization and resource management often clash with empathy and thoughtful decision-making. While city and society management will consume most of the ruler’s time, at some point exploration of the outside world is necessary to understand its history and present state.
What decisions will you make to ensure the survival of your society? What will you do when pushed to the limit? And who will you become in the process?
- The city must survive.
- Frostpunk is a society survival game where heat means life and every decision comes with a cost. You face the task of building the last city on Earth and securing the means necessary for your people to survive.
- Maintain hope.
- Survival is about hope and the will to live. Your ability to spark and maintain them both in your people will be a deciding factor in your success.
- Make the law.
- Society is a group of people who abide by the same rules and share similar beliefs. Establish laws that regulate the existence of your growing society. Decide on their working routine, healthcare, food provision and other crucial aspects of everyday life. Maintain their hope and contentment – the moral condition of your society is as important as securing the basic means to keep them fed and safe.
- Choose wisely.
- Some of your decisions will seem small – like deciding the fate of a troubled citizen or meeting the demands of a newborn faction – but be aware that the sum of your doings can lead to unexpected results. Your people put their faith in you, but their devotion is not limitless. Leadership can be a burden.
- Research new technology.
- Survival demands progress. React to current events, but don’t forget about the long term and investing in development and technological progress. Providing a highly advanced infrastructure with self-powered automatons, airships and other technical wonders is difficult, but achievable. It all depends on your management and leadership skills.
- Explore the Frostland.
- While New London is your main focus, there is much more to the world than what lies within the limits of your city. Expeditions, while risky, can bring you valuable intel, precious supplies and grow your society’s population. There may be people out there, and their fate lies solely in your hands.
- Forge a new path.
- If you reach a turning point, do not hesitate to determine the path of your people. Should you rule them with an iron fist… or show them a way of compassion and faith? Reach for extremes or try to find a fair balance. Whichever you choose, remember: there’s no turning back.
- Many gameplay possibilities.
- The main story campaign can go different ways depending on your playstyle, but it is still not the only challenge to tackle. Frostpunk offers different scenarios and additional updates with new content will be added in the future.
“Frostpunk is a tense, gripping, and often stressful survival strategy game filled with difficult, sometimes unthinkable choices. It’s tough to play but even tougher to stop.”
“In a steampunk ice age, the only thing that can be crueler than the bitter cold are the decisions you have to make to keep your people alive.”
“Frostpunk is among the best overall takes on the survival city builder to date. Its theming and consistency create a powerful narrative through line that binds your actions around the struggle to hold onto humanity in uncertain times. Hope is a qualified good, but you may not always be strong enough (or clever enough) to shelter that flame from the cold.”
|Includes:||New Global Steam CD Key|
|Platform:||Steam for Windows|
|Rating:||Mature (Blood, Mild Sexual Themes, Mild Violence, Strong Language)|
| Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
|| Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system